Thursday, September 4, 2014

New Blog!

I know what you're thinking!  Another blog out there, same old business.  Well, not true!  I'm not just here to give a movie review that you probably don't care about anyway!  I'll also impart a bit of movie wisdom, a little insight, if you will.  I've studied film for years, formally and informally.  My father has been a movie memorabilia dealer for well over thirty years.  Through him, I learned first about film promotions; what a one-sheet was, a three-sheet, an insert, window card and just what was a playbill.  Then I began to understand the films, Universal horror, German Expressionism, Film Noir.  In the past few years I've studied extensively the language of film and film production, mise-en-scene, shots, angles, cuts, sound, and lighting.  My goal is to share what I've learned with the readers.

I hope to use this blog as an avenue to share some film production knowledge, movie reviews and news, as well to share some great stories about the wonderful film professionals I've had the pleasure to meet in my travels around this great country of ours.

Soon, I'll be adding a regular podcast feature as well.  I also host film screenings here in Houston (or rather the metropolitan Houston area - actually I host in Tomball and Katy, which are Houston suburbs), and I'm actively involved in the film studies program at the University of Houston Downtown (if you see me, say hi!).  I'll be posting updates on all of the above features as they come about.

So save me to your favorites, check in every once in a while and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment